Re-Introductions and festive wishes

Abi Palmer-Greenwood

Good afternoon all

Firstly, I wanted to re-introduce myself and my new role! At the beginning of December I formally joined LI as the new Standards and Branches Engagement Manager. My role has two parts, one is to aid in the successful management and delivery of technical material we produce, the other is to support and work with each of you, the Branches, to continue all your fantastic work in engaging with the profession and wider industry. 

I am currently working on the new Handbook with Antonella and we will be looking to update you on this in January. I would love the opportunity to meet with you all, albeit virtually for the time being, and attend your next committee meetings. 

Secondly, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful festive break. This year, much like 2020, has been difficult for many people for many different reasons, so I hope this break allows you all some time for yourselves and your families. I will be cooking a feast, eating far too much, spending time with family (if we are still allowed), dog walks, reading and general downtime! 

I am really looking forward to working with you all in the New Year! 

If you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, either via LI Connect or email, abi.palmer-greenwood@landscapeinstitute.org  (sorry that is such a mouthful!) 

Abi Palmer-Greenwood
STANDARDS AND BRANCHES ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Landscape Institute 

Happy Christmas GIF by Malaea

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Abi - welcome on board! As you can see the branch forum doesn't get much (any) traffic. But we can certainly notify members of its existence next time we send out an email. I think that one of the issues for our branch is that we no longer know who our members are. Is there something that can be done about this?

Good morning @Adrian Clarke

Thank you for the kind welcome! We are currently working on a campaign to build the community members on here but if you could include it in any emails that go out that would be great. 

We are unable to share with you the details of the members in your area due to GDPR but we will be including some specific information about Connect in some of the All Member emails due to go out in the near future, this will hopefully help! If you could promote it on your social media channels that may also give it a boost! 

Many thanks!

Abi 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Abi Palmer-Greenwood

On the specific question of branches not knowing who their members are - why would data protection regulations prevent this? Obviously the LI knows who its members are and how to contact them - if it didn't it couldn't function. So, why are the branches different?

Just out of interest, do you know how many people have nominated LINE as their primary branch, and how many as their secondary branch?

Kind regards

Adrian

Good afternoon @Adrian Clarke

Unfortunately, as the Branch committees are volunteers, and not employees of the LI we are unable to share the data with you. I may be able to give you a list of names but that wouldn't be very helpful without contact information. 

We will be looking to run a marketing campaign to increase sign up to your Branch newsletters, as well as sorting out the process and regularity to get these sent out, which will hopefully help you connect with more members. 

Following on from our meeting last week I have also shared the membership breakdown per region, this information is the breakdown by primary branch. I have included it below for ease: 

Row Labels    Count of Name 
East Midlands Branch    229
East of England Branch    361
International Branch    398
London Branch    932
Midlands Branch    420
North East Branch    149
North West Branch    548
Northern Ireland Branch    87
Scotland Branch    483
South East Branch    744
South West Branch    722
Wales Branch    136
Yorkshire & Humber Branch    523
Grand Total    5732

Apologies the table format has been lost in transition but it still shows teh correct information. 

I hope this helps but, as always, please do come back to me if there is anything else I can do.

Many thanks

Abi