Hello all, welcome to Connect!

Hello, fellow travellers.

Just a brief introduction from me, as the project lead on Connect. I am the Head of Standards, Education and Engagement at the LI, with a big emphasis on engagement in this case. I love connecting with people, working with committees, listening to what they are passionate about and sharing a direction of travel. And what else? Standards - in the broadest possible sense! Technical standards, standards of conduct, educational standards, the process of arriving at a consensus as a team and the fact that ultimately standards make the world a better place.

And I really love the LI, its ethos, staff and professionals. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Heya Hello GIF by Digital Pratik

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I’m Ahlyah (she/her) in the membership team at the LI, and in our EDI working group. I also volunteer with a group campaigning for climate justice. What drew me to the LI was seeing the focus on fairness and equity in its Greener Recovery policy and a commitment to anti-racism, along with a sense of the key role of landscape professionals in addressing the climate and biodiversity crises. On a more personal note, I love spending time outside immersed in the dawn chorus and under the stars whenever possible. Looking forward to getting to know you all better through Connect!

• Like 2

Hello

I'm Laura and I'm the Membership Development Manager at the Landscape Institute. What does that involve? Well, in a nutshell it involves developing new membership benefits such as training partnerships; and signposting opportunities for people to join the LI e.g. through our new Entry Standards. I engage with LI members and non-members to help shape my work therefore I'm excited to be joining the Connect party, as it's going to be a great way to help support my role.

I'm also a chartered member of the LI, and before joining the LI team, I worked in environmental consultancy delivering projects such as Open Space and Green Infrastructure Strategies; Landscape Management Plans including for heritage parks; and Management and Maintenance Costs and Contracts. I consider myself very lucky to have built a career in the landscape profession and I want to help many more people to do the same! 🙂 

• Like 3

Hello!

I am Helen Palmer, chartered landscape architect, started my career in 1988 in Manchester, working in a variety of practices and locations and now running my own registered practice, LandShape, based in Hampshire.  I'm always looking for ways to connect to more landscape architects, as I find working on my own a bit lonesome sometimes!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks to Antonella and Abi for setting this up - fantastic to have somewhere for all of us to meet and discuss shared experiences and issues and learn from each other.

I am an Associate at Cracknell focusing on Marketing and BD although I started life as a Landscape Architect in the more traditional sense. I'm UK based but represent Cracknell globally-they are HQ'd in Dubai with studios in London, Shenzhen and Abu Dhabi amongst others.

From an international perspective I think it's vital for members to have a forum to learn from practice in the UK as well as disseminating knowledge of what's going on in other areas of the World. We have a lot to learn from each other which is all the more important as we all face the challenges of the post-pandemic world & climate change.

Talk soon!

Justine

• Like 3

Hi,

Thanks for setting this up, Antonella.

I'm based in Hampshire and sit on the newly-refreshed  Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Working Group

This look like a  great way to open up the EDI  conversation as well as find out about activities in my area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All, thanks for getting this set up.  It's brilliant to have a place that we can come to connect, rant and make plans!
I'm Jane (she/her) I've been involved in the DI/EDI stuff for a few years but I've been particularly involved in Rainbow Places the LI's LGBTQ+ Network and getting that set up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what progress we can make in the industry around equity, diversity and inclusion.  Exciting times ahead! 

Edited by Jane Fortescue
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...