in-person events - communication from our Board

Antonella Adamus

This is the email I sent to all Branch committees yesterday:

Further to my recent message, the LI Board of Trustees has clarified its position on holding online-only events. You can read the announcement, and the Board’s reasoning for this decision, here.

The Board will monitor the situation and review their decision regularly, starting at their next official meeting on 14 September 2021.

In the meantime, I'm still keen to work with you to help plan and support your branch programme for the year ahead. We’re not yet sure what the ‘new normal’ will look like – but we do know that a return to pre-pandemic practice is unlikely. We would like to begin this discussion early so we can help you scope and shape a sustainable, quality offering that is in line with the LI’s business objectives for the coming year.

Could those branches who have not yet done so please provide me with the following information by Wednesday 30 June:

• Your plans for any events you might be organising between now and the end of March 2022.
  • What data you would like about LI members in your area to help you formulate your programme. (Many of you have requested a cut of the results of our latest member satisfaction survey. We’d like to know what metrics will be most helpful to you.)
  • Like 1