Welcome to the Parks and Green Space section of LI Connect

Hello! Glad you've made it to this brand new section of LI Connect, launched during #LoveParksWeek 2021

Look forward to hearing from our Parks and Green Space Network members and the wider LI membership and LI Connect subscribers

I'm the LI's Membership Development Manager so feel free to message me on here with anything you'd like to know about the LI, including our Parks and Green Space Network, or email me at laura.schofield@landscapeinstitute.org

• Like 3

Guest Sue Ireland

It will be interesting to see how this develops, I do hope Parks and Green Space people find it helpful. 

Can you please advise when the next Parks on line meeting is planned? Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sue, Helen, Rob, and others seeking an update on the Parks & Green Space Network.

A key update is that the LI published its latest Business Plan at the end of July; and Parks and Green Space is highlighted as one of the strategic priorities (alongside the Entry Standards, Independent Review and Digital Upgrade projects). For further info and to access the full plan for members see: https://www.landscapeinstitute.org/news/landscape-institute-busines-plan-2021-22/

The main focus this year is the development of a standards based professional development programme for parks and green space managers.

There is lots more to do and meetings to set up from September onwards, but in the meantime here's a snapshot of some of the activities so far this year:

*  Developing sector standards partnerships and a MOU for joint working on the professional development programme

*  Organising Network Steering Group meeting

*  Onboarding of the Network to LI Connect

*  Seeking opportunities to align the sector with LI Policy and Influencing priorities (e.g. Biodiversity Net Gain)

*  Involvement in TPA transfer activity (led by interim CEO, Commercial Director and Head of Regulations) including the communications plan

*  Attending several external parks sector meetings/events (including with Natural England; MHCLG; APPG for Parks; Parks Collective; TCPA GI conference; GLA Clever Cities)

*  Ongoing partnership with Midlands Parks Forum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.